Archive of Selected Publications
I've included an open-access self-archive of selected publications here. For a complete list of my publications, please see my CV.
- Afterword for EMSJ PDF. “Afterword.” Special Issue on “Women’s Writing/Women’s Work in Early Modernity.” Early Modern Studies Journal 6 (2014): 194-202. <http://www.earlymodernstudiesjournal.org>
- A Gentleman May Wander PDF. "A Gentleman May Wander: Inheritance, Travel, and the Prodigal Son on the Jacobean Stage." Renaissance Drama 42.1 (2014): 113-37.
- Shakespeare's Sleeping Workers PDF. “Shakespeare’s Sleeping Workers.” Shakespeare Studies 41 (2013): 148-76.
- Reimagining Paradise PDF. “Reimagining Paradise: The Politics of Form in Dorothy Calthorpe’s Garden of Eden.” Early Modern Women: An Interdisciplinary Journal 8 (2013): 181-205.
- Genealogical Counternarratives PDF. "Genealogical Counternarratives in the Writings of Mary Carey." Modern Philology 109.4 (2012): 440-62.
- Shakespeare and Work PDF. "Shakespeare and Work." Literature Compass 7.3 (2010): 185-94.
- Labors of Love PDF. “Labors of Love: Women, Marriage, and Service in Twelfth Night and The Compleat Servant-Maid.” Shakespearean International Yearbook 5 (2005): 103-26.
- Leaning Too Hard PDF. “Leaning Too Hard Upon the Pen: Suburb Wenches and City Wives in Westward Ho.” Medieval and Renaissance Drama in England 15 (2003): 224-42.
- Working Subjects Intro PDF. “Introduction: Working Subjects” (with Natasha Korda). In Working Subjects in Early Modern English Drama, ed. Michelle M. Dowd and Natasha Korda. Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing, 2011. 1-16.
- Desiring Subjects PDF. “Desiring Subjects: Staging the Female Servant in Early Modern Tragedy.” In Working Subjects in Early Modern English Drama, ed. Michelle M. Dowd and Natasha Korda. Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing, 2011. 131-44.
- Genre and Women's Life Writing Intro PDF. “Introduction” (with Julie A. Eckerle). In Genre and Women’s Life Writing in Early Modern England, ed. Michelle M. Dowd and Julie A. Eckerle. Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing, 2007. 1-13.
- Structures of Piety PDF. “Structures of Piety in Elizabeth Richardson’s Legacie.” In Genre and Women’s Life Writing in Early Modern England, ed. Michelle M. Dowd and Julie A. Eckerle. Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing, 2007. 115-30.